Eligibility to participate in extracurricular activities requires that the student’s cumulative grade point average (GPA) must meet the GPA requirements for academic good standing. However, a full-time student is ineligible if the student achieves a semester GPA less than 1.50. Martin Luther College activities that require eligibility are:
- Intercollegiate Athletics (including managing)
- Intramural Board
- Cheerleading (male and female) and Dance Groups
- Theatrical Productions (performance, direction, production) of the Forum, Children's Theatre, Reader's Theater, Renaissance Faire, etc. Extra-curricular Instrumental Groups (Jazz & Pep Bands)
- Publications -- The Knight's Page and The Shield
- Student Government (Student Senate, Dormitory Council, Class Officers)
- Audio-Visual Department
- Official Recruitment groups
- The Extended Tour of a curricular choir
- The Extended Tour of a curricular instrumental group
An entering transfer student or first year student who is a high school graduate with no previous full-time college attendance shall be considered eligilbe for extracurricular activities provided that the student meets the following two academic requirements.
1. The entering student has a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 in a high school curriculum which offers at least 14 academic courseds in the subject areas prescribed in the entrance requirements.
2. The entering student has a minimum composite score of 18 on the ACT assessment. An entering transfer student or freshman who does not meet these requirements shall remain ineligible until the student's cumulative grade point averages at Martin Luther College established eligibility.
The academic standing of transfer students is determined by applying Martin Luther College's academic good standing standards to the grade point averages on the applicant's transcript.