- PhD Marquette University, Milwaukee WI: Educational Psychology
- MS University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee: Educational Psychology
- MA Concordia Teachers College: Education
- BS Dr. Martin Luther College, New Ulm MN: Education
Dr. Juern teaches EDU5202 Behavioral and Emotional Disabilities in the MLC master's program. He is a licensed psychologist and a licensed school psychologist. He is listed in the National Register of Health Care Providers in Psychology. For the past 30 years, he has worked exclusively with children and their families.
Dr. Juern has much experience working with children described as strong-willed or oppositional. He has written on the topics of attention deficit disorder and helping with homework. He also offers very practical suggestions on how to improve behavior.
Before going into psychology, he was a Lutheran elementary school teacher and principal. He was a regular writer for the magazine Lutheran Parent. Dr. Juern is a frequent presenter at teachers' conferences and other church related organizations.
- Graduate Studies:
- Licensed School Psychologist