Rates and Fees
Tuition, Room and Board Rates for 2013-14
|Cost per semester||Cost per year|
|Room & Board||$2,430||$4,860|
- The actual cost of enrollment is reduced by a budgetary operating subsidy from the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS).
- Tuition for part-time, degree seeking students (11 credits or less per semester including audits) is $270 per credit.
- Because education students living off campus do not pay room and board to the college, they are assessed a fee to cover expenses for any room and board arranged by the college during the 10 weeks of their professional semester. For the 2013-14 school year, this amount is $1,430, determined as one-half of the annual room and board rate prorated for 10 of 17 weeks in the semester.
- Because staff ministry and parish music interns living off campus do not pay room and board to the college, they are assessed a fee to cover expenses for any room and board arranged by the college during the 17 weeks of their professional semester. For the 2013-14 school year, the amount is $2,430, determined as half of the annual room and board rate of the equivalent of a semester.
- The cost of audits for non-degree seeking students is $110 per course (excluding private music lessons) or $85 per course for senior citizens (60 or older).
- The MLC Governing Board reserves the right to revise charges and procedures as economic conditions warrant.
Tuition for graduate courses is $280 per credit.
The cost of books, supplies, travel, laundry, personal and miscellaneous expenses varies with the individual. For 2012-13 the estimate per individual is $4400.
Automobile registration ranges in cost from $40 to $80 ($60 to $100 after June 1 for returning students). This fee is paid directly to the Student Life Office.