WELS Congregation and Ministry Support GroupUp one level
The Congregation and Ministry Support Group (CMSG) of the WELS provides several opportunities for continued growth, both for called worker and lay people.
- Schools of Adult Bible Study
- The Commission on Adult Discipleship has produced the first of a two-part continuing education course for pastors who lead Bible studies: a five-hour, three-session course for pastors. By fall 2012, most of the pastors in 9 of the 12 districts will have received the benefit of this training. Commission members are well into the development of the second phase of this training: a two-day active learning workshop for pastors, teachers, and lay leaders of adult Bible studies. Select the above title for how to receive more information.
- The School of Outreach is presented by the WELS Commission on Evangelism and the District Evangelism Commissions. The program serves congregations of the WELS with planning, assistance, and resources for congregational evangelism programming and implementation of outreach strategies. Two one-day workshops are scheduled several months apart. District pastors, who have been trained in the program, make the presentations. Breakout sessions enable presenters to work with individual congregations on plans and strategies. These advisors offer follow-up assistance.
- These day and a half events are sponsored by the Commission on Worship. They enable participants to analyze existing worship practices and to plan strategies for beneficial innovation and renewal.
- The Leadership Institute Modules are sponsored by the Commission on Lutheran Schools and arranged through the District School Coordinators. Please contact your district school coordinator for the times and dates available in your area.
- WELS Chaplaincy Certification Program
- This folder contains information about the WELS Chaplaincy Certification Program for pastors, staff ministers and lay volunteers. The chaplaincy certificate is issued by the WELS Commission on Special Ministries.
- A congregational assistant is a called worker who assists a congregation and its pastor or a district mission board by spearheading outreach in a specific cultural group or community.