Administrative Assistant for Admissions
The Administrative Assistant for Admissions serves the admissions office of the college by providing administrative support for the director of admissions and the recruitment staff.
- Manage applications by maintaining applicant files and communicating with applicants
- Obtain and manage recruitment data which includes data entry, database maintenance, and congregational prospect retrieval
- Manage the admissions database, generate queries, and run reports
- Ensure accuracy of database
- Schedule, arrange, and coordinate on-campus visits and tours including the conducting of some campus tours
- Coordinate all Focus on Ministry events in coordination with the director of admissions
- Assist with typical day to day office tasks: answering phones, opening office mail, office correspondence and mailings for the admissions director, set appointments for the director and assist the admissions counselors
- Assist the director of admissions in developing and implementing various projects
- Supervise student workers
- Assist the International Services Office as needed in the admission of international students
- Update and maintain the admissions page on the MLC website
- Other duties as mutually agreed upon
The administrative assistant works with and reports to the Director of Admissions. The Vice-President for Academics provides general oversight of the entire Admissions Office.
Qualifications and Core Competencies
- An active member of the WELS
- A commitment to the mission and core values of Martin Luther College and an ability to apply that commitment in the performance of daily responsibilities
- An understanding of the importance that professionalism, communication, helpfulness, and friendliness have in representing MLC
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Knowledge, experience, and proficiency with the Microsoft computer suite, especially with Access
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. This is a full time position with benefits.
Applications will be accepted through Friday, August 22, 2014