How do I renew my books?
For a variety of reasons, you might want to hang onto your materials longer than the initial 21 day checkout period. Patrons are allowed to renew books up to two additional times, for a total of 63 days. Video, DVD, CD's and other collection renewals vary.
- Log in to My Account on the Library Catalog site.
- Select, Renew My Materials
- Place a check mark in the box of the materials you wish to hold longer.
- If there is a hold placed on your material by another patron, you will be denied renewal.
How long can materials be held?
- General Collection: - 21 days, 2 renewals (Children’s Literature, Bound Journals, & Curriculum Items).
- Multimedia Collections Fiction: - 7 days, 0 renewals (Videos, CDs, CD-Roms, audio cassettes, DVDs, etc).
- Multimedia Collections NonFiction: - 21 days, 0 renewals (Videos, CDs, CD-Roms, audio cassette, DVDs, etc.).
- Materials from other Libraries: - designated by lending library (InterLibrary Loans).
- Course Reserves: 2 hours , renewal if there are more copies on shelf. On-site use only.
- Non-Circulating Collections: On-site use only. (Reference, Newspapers, Current Periodicals, Microformats, and Special Collections).