Mentor Application Form
Please read the WELS Mentoring Selection Criteria and then complete the NTI Mentor Application Form so that we can get in touch with you.
If you like, you can also download a hard copy (Word document format) of the criteria and application to fill out and return to us.
To be considered for a mentor position in the WELS induction process, you must submit a complete application that includes all of the following four items:
1-page cover letter
Professional letter of recommendation from your current or most recent supervisor that speaks to your qualifications for the position: collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
Application form (online form can be found below)
Written responses to the following questions:
- What strengths do you bring to the position? What might you anticipate as your challenges?
- How might you support a beginning teacher who is struggling with classroom management? How might you approach the teacher? What would you say?
- How have you addressed student’s diverse academic needs in your classroom? Please provide an example.
- Tell us about the role of assessment in your teaching practice. What strategies were implemented in analyzing student data that may benefit a beginning teacher?
- What would you hope to gain from your experience as a WELS Instructional Mentor?
Submission and Review
Completed application materials can be submitted electronically or in hard-copy (Word document format) to at MLC or Fax: 507.233.9109